Shadows of the Moon
The King’s Forest is located in western Cormyr. It was once home to elves, as the westernmost fragment of Cormanthor, but they have since abandoned the forest to humankind. The King’s Forest is so named because it is the property of the crown. After the Goblin Wars ended in 1371 DR, the forest became infested with orcs. Previous to this it had been free of evil creatures. No ruins are known to be located inside the King’s Forest. Today the Forest is relatively peaceful with occasional orc raiding parties passing through.